ANZMapS Annual Conference Attendance Support Policy
ANZMapS has adopted a policy of assisting members of the ANZMapS who are students, retired, or other non-wage-earning members to attend ANZMapS annual conferences, by waiving the cost of conference registration fees, according to the following rules:
- The person requesting annual conference attendance support must be a member of the ANZMapS and must be a student, retired, or other non-wage-earning member.
- The conference location must be at least 500 km (as the crow flies) from the member’s normal place of residence.
- Each request for payment of the conference registration fee, received in writing by the Secretary at least one month before the start of an annual conference, will be considered by the ANZMapS Executive.
- Payments under this policy are capped at a total of $1000 for each conference and will be authorized in the order in which the applications are recieved.
- The approval of such payment will be entirely at the discretion of the ANZMapS Executive. If the payment is approved, the ANZMapS will pay the member’s conference registration fees.
[Approved ANZMapS Executive, April, 2010]