ANZMapS is an international group of map producers, users and curators in Australia, New Zealand and beyond, which acts as a medium of communication for all those interested in maps. ANZMapS was founded as the Australian Map Curators’ Circle in 1973, was renamed the Australian Map Circle in 1983, and became ANZMapS in 2009 when we joined with the New Zealand Map Society (founded 1977).
The general aims of ANZMapS are:
- To promote communication between producers, users and curators of maps.
- To improve the skills and status of persons working with map collections.
- To promote the development and effective exploitation of map collections throughout Australia.
* We host an Annual Conference in a different city each year. All aspects of map use and mapping are discussed. The diversity of the papers presented at the ANZMapS’s annual conferences reflects the broad range of interests of its members. Topics covered at these conferences include historical maps, map production techniques, the cataloguing and archiving of maps, government policy and technological change.
* Our peer-reviewed journal, The Globe, publishes our conference proceedings and other contributions. It is issued twice a year.
* Membership of ANZMapS is available to anyone who has an interest in maps. Subscription rates for an individual are $50.00 per year, for which you receive the ANZMapS journal, The Globe, and an email notification whenever a new Newsletter is uploaded to our website. Join us now!
* We also operate an email discussion list on Yahoogroups. To join the list, email a request to : ANZMapSemail@example.com
(Please include your name in the subject line of the email so we know you aren’t Spam.)
You will receive an automatic email response. To confirm your wish to join the list, reply to that email and send.
That’s it! Your email will be sent to the moderator and provided your name is not Spam, you will be added to the list, and be able to post and receive emails to ANZMapS@yahoogroups.com
Formal membership of the society is not required to join the email list, but we do hope you will formally join the society for maximum benefit.
* Inquiries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ANZMapS Committee 2015/16:
Dr Martin Woods, National Library of Australia (President) email@example.com
Maggie Patton, State Library of NSW, (Vice President) firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Senior, Auckland War Memorial Museum (Secretary) email@example.com
Andrew Eliason, (Business Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Brendan Whyte, National Library of Australia (Member, Editor The Globe) email@example.com
Mark Bagnall, National Library of New Zealand (Member) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Sheehan, Australian National University (Member) email@example.com