This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Anonymous 3 years, 12 months ago.
April 21, 2015 at 9:11 am #945
This is to provide early information regarding planned Canberra activities associated with the 100th Anniversary of the Corps.
It is stressed that there is a long way to go and that like all good plans, this is subject to change. The following activities, open to all ex-members and families, will be conducted over the afternoon and evening of Wednesday, 1 July 2015.
* Afternoon gathering at the Australian War Memorial RASvy Plaque where our wartime contribution will be acknowledged. Group photos will be taken. Guest speaker.
* Late afternoon RASvy reception at the National Library with guest speaker and refreshments. Reception to incorporate the final release of Peter Jensen’s Corps Nominal Roll.
* Evening dinner for all members and partners at a location to be advised. Guest speaker. A committee has been coerced into volunteering to organise the above. Details such as timings and cost will be provided as plans are confirmed. For Bendigo, Gary Warnest has confirmed the following Ex Fortuna Survey Assoc activities (open to all) for the 100th Anniversary of the Corps.
* Friday 3 July 2015 – Evening arrival Bendigo RSL Bistro Meal own arrangements.
* Saturday 4 July 2015 – 1030hrs Civic Reception Bendigo town hall (400?) Corps Banners, Medals, Main Group photo taken, Mayoral address. Survey Corps Memorabilia available.
* Saturday 4 July 2015 – 1900hrs Main Function All Seasons Function Centre Bendigo (400? plus official guests) Corps Director guest Speaker. Partially subsidised two course meal and drinks on arrival. Other drinks own arrangements. Limited Survey tech and historical displays. Slide show. * Sunday 5 July 2015 – 1200hrs BBQ Lunch Goldmines Hotel Bendigo and gardens. Limited cost.
* Sunday 5 July 2015 – 1500hrs Commemorative Service, Unveiling of Survey Story Board and brass plaque at Memorial Cairn Fortuna Villa. Photo opportunities. Cutting of the Cake and afternoon tea provided.
Ting Zhao – Map Acquisitions and Cataloguing| National Library of Australia | Canberra ACT 2600 T: 02 6262 1598 | F: 02 6273 4327 |E: email@example.com<mailto:ti
firstname.lastname@example.org> Web: http://www.nla.gov.au<http://www.nla. gov.au/>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.